At the Byron Bay Cacao workshop we offer a range of classes for the professional chef, novice cook, and kids as well as customised tailored conference options for groups, birthday parties and school excursions, all sizes and budgets welcome.
From the moment you book until the end of the class, every detail is thought out with meticulous care. We take all of our inspiration, skill and talent, and wrap them up into a fun and delicious learning experience.
We can accommodate 6 to 18 people. You will be notified by email for the confirmation of a class.
Some of the most popular options are listed below, click on the calendar link for dates, session times and costs. For a customised quote, group booking, birthday party or session outline and more information including class levels, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dine and Discover Vouchers can be used for Byron Bay Cacao classes.
Chocolate Making Experience $90p/p (details below)
Saturday the 24th of September, 13:30-15:30
school holiday dates will be available last week of term
Private and Group Bookings available (minimum of 8 participates). All enquiries please email email@example.com
Chocolate Making Experience Description
A fun, hands-on class packed full of tastings and the creation of six handmade soft-centered chocolates.
The class begins with a warm cup of brewing cacao before diving straight into the tastings. First up, we explore couverture and compound chocolate. Next, we indulge in a tasting where we discover the elements in a selection of soft-centered chocolate bonbons. The last tasting is of our dragees and then it’s time to get a little messy!
Additional Byron Bay Cacao products are available to purchase at the end of the session.
Your experience includes:
- Brewing Cacao
- 1 x Byron Bay Cacao variety box
- Dark, milk and white couverture chocolate tasting
- Bean to bar demonstration & tasting
- Chocolate bonbon tasting
- Chocolate dragees tasting
- Creation of six soft-centered handmade bonbons
Chocolate history & process: A brief discussion of the history of chocolate and the bean-to-bar process.
Education: Exploring the difference between tempered and untempered chocolate, couverture and compound chocolate, and truffles and pralines. Learn about problems that affect chocolate and how to care for it correctly.
Questions and Feedback: To close the session, we have a group discussion to ask any questions and give feedback on the class.
We require a minimum number of 10 participants to run the class. Should there not be sufficient numbers the week before the class date, we will contact you to reschedule your booking. The class runs for 2 hours, but we ask you to allow 2.5 hours.
What to bring
- Face mask (gloves provided)
- If you have long hair, please tie it back
- Flat, non-slip, closed shoes
- Apron (optional)
- Something warm to wear as the class can be held in a cool environment.
Appropriate for Ages 13 years and older
Terms & Conditions
Anyone taking classes at Byron Bay Cacao must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Byron Bay Cacao unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken during classes.
Byron Bay Cacao requires 48 hour’s notice in writing before the class for a full refund.
Students will be notified via text message or email if a class is cancelled and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Accident waiver and release of liability clause to be signed on arrival.
COVID-19 SCREENING AGREEMENT
By booking a class with Byron Bay Cacao you agree and understand the below COVID-19 obligations.
Conditions of entry to Byron Bay Cacao:
To protect the health and wellbeing of our workplace and assist in the containment of COVID-19, the following conditions of entry apply to all visitors:
- You are currently not unwell (including cough, cold, or flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste/ smell, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat).
- You are not ‘suspected’ or ‘confirmed’ as having COVID-19.
- You haven’t been in close contact with a person who is suspected or confirmed as having COVID-19.
- You have not travelled overseas or been to a covid hot spot in the last 30 days.
- Ensure you wash and sterilise your hands upon entry
- Only bring necessary items
- Bring a face mask
- Attend your class with hair tied firmly back and a mask (gloves will be provided and mask if necessary will be provided. We will get messy, bring an apron if you wish)
- Avoid touching common surfaces and do not touch packaging or chocolate stock unless purchasing.
- Contact Byron Bay Cacao if you have any symptoms within two weeks following your class.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT
- By attending your class, you confirm that all information above applies to you and is true and correct.
- Byron Bay Cacao will do everything possible to minimise the spread of Covid-19 but are not responsible if you contract Covid-19
- A record of your details will be kept for 28 days for contact tracing.
- Your class may be postponed/ rescheduled if necessary.
If you cannot agree fully to the above, we kindly ask you to contact Byron Bay Cacao to adjust your date.